Let’s face it, kids are just fascinated by dinosaurs! So to celebrate my ‘lil one’s birthday in Kindergarten, I prepared a dinosaur dig kit that was interactive and unique.
THH Difficulty Level:
What you’ll need:
– non-toxic pottery plaster
– soap mould
– dinosaur figurines or fossils. If you prefer, you can even swap for rocks or jewellery.
– jug or bucket
- Gather all your items to make the mould.
- Add one part of water to a jug and stir in two part of plaster and mix until the mixture thickens. You can also add a part of sand to give you a more rustic look.
- The next step needs to be done as quick as possible to avoid the mixture from hardening. Pour the mix into the moulds, leave it to set for 5 minutes and press in the dinosaur fossils.
- Pour the remainder of the mixture to cover the fossils and leave it to dry overnight.
- Once the plaster has set, you can remove from the mould and it’s ready to play with – you will need a blunt tip of some sort and an old toothbrush to help your little one dig!
- Once I made the moulds, I transferred them to a small favour bag with a sharpened bamboo stick and a kids paint brush, as well as a print out of the list of the dinosaur fossils I used.