Oyster ring bowls look great online but I wanted to make some myself to see whether they looked just as good in real life… They do!
So here’s a simple way to make them using some paper and paint!
THH Difficulty Level:
What you’ll need:
– a couple of oyster shells (you will need to clean them and dry them thoroughly before you use them)
– origami paper
– acrylic gold paint and paintbrush
– PVC glue
- Gather all your items.
- Tear or cut the paper to decoupage the inside of the shell. Using a paint brush, pour the glue onto the shell and start attaching the paper. Repeat as desired.
- Leave the shell to dry and once fully dried, start painting the outer parts of the shell using acrylic paint. Leave it to dry overnight.
- Once dry, you can use it to keep rings, gift it or even use it as a salt/pepper holder.