We’ve been making a switch to chemical-free, more natural products to use at home and often, I look at DIY ways to improvise and making them at myself. I’ve been fascinated with shampoo bars so looked up a few options and thought I’d have a go with some ingredients I had at home and this version worked great for my dry scalp and dryness.
Please note, instead of using lye, I opted for some goap soap and since we don’t own a microwave, I melted the soap using the bain-marie method.
You can jooj it up by adding some essential oils.
THH Difficulty Level:
What you’ll need:
– goat soap
– aloe vera gel
– hemp seed oil
– soap mold
- Gather all your ingredients.
- Cut the soap into cubes, place it in a container and heat it up until melted. If you have a microwave, you can pop it in for a 40 seconds and stir. Since I don’t own one, I melted the soap by placing some water in a saucepan, brought it to boil and placed the container with soap on top.
- Once the soap has melted, add 2 tbsp of aloe vera, 1 tbsp of honey, 10 tbsp of hemp seed oil and stir.
- Add 100ml of honey and stir until mixture thickens.
- Transfer the mixture into the soap mold and leave overnight to rest.
- Remove the soap and wrap with some decorative paper and it works well as a gift.