My ‘lil one absolutely loves giving life to old items and this was a fun project we did together. Using material from her old pjs, a couple of buttons and sponge from an old memory foam pillow (I’d suggest to use some cotton padding if possible!), we drew a shape free-hand and created her current bedtime buddy…
THH Difficulty Level:
What you’ll need:
– old fabric preferably cotton for the body, patches or hair
– a Sharpie and a pair of scissors
– a couple of buttons – they can be in different sizes or colours
– sewing machine or needle and thread
– cotton padding from an old cushion or pillow. I didn’t have I could use so tried substituting for memory foam. This was messy and the although it came all right at the end, the shape is uneven when torn.
- Get all your items ready.
- Fold the main fabric in two and outline your monster using the Sharpie pen (it can be as uneven or quirky as you’d like). Cut around the outline.
- Sew around the outline leaving a small gap of 1 inch. Turn it over and place the buttons, cloth patches, threads to create the face.
- Sew the items by hand.
- Take the cotton stuffing and start filling in your toy. Once full, close the toy by sewing the opening.
- Taking care of the stuffed toy is simple – wash and clean using a damp cloth. Do not machine wash or tumble dry.