My ‘lil one absolutely loves giving life to old items and this was a fun project we did together. Using material from her old pjs, a couple of buttons and sponge from an old memory foam pillow (I’d suggest to use some cotton padding if possible!), we drew a shape free-hand and created her current bedtime buddy…
THH Difficulty Level:
What you’ll need:
– old fabric preferably cotton for the body, patches or hair
– a Sharpie and a pair of scissors
– a couple of buttons – they can be in different sizes or colours
– sewing machine or needle and thread
– cotton padding from an old cushion or pillow. I didn’t have I could use so tried substituting for memory foam. This was messy and the although it came all right at the end, the shape is uneven when torn.
- Get all your items ready.
- Fold the main fabric in two and outline your monster. It could be as uneven or quirky as you’d like.
- Cut the around the stitches to create a pad. Repeat as desired.
- Before you start using them, give them a quick wash and dry.
- How to use – I’ve immersed some in hemp seed oil, witch hazel and rice water to create my make-up wipes, I keep another batch in the fridge as toner wipes and another jar full of them in the bathroom. Once they are used, rinse them and collect them in a little bag to wash and re-use.