Running out of ideas to keep your little one busy at home? Here’s a screen-free activity to keep you busy…
THH Difficulty Level:
What you’ll need:
– an empty milk bottle and egg carton
– acrylic paint, Sharpie pen and paint brush
– glue, scissors and a sharp blade/knife
– Googly eyes and pom pom for tail
- Get all your items ready.
- Take the empty milk bottle, wash and remove any labels/adhesive glue (warm soapy water did the trick for me). Dry it and cut out an opening on the side of the bottle (I used a Sharpie pen to draw an outline and then cut it out with a blade)
- Grab the egg carton and cut out four legs
- Glue the legs onto the opposite side of the opening. Leave it to dry for an hour
- Take the acrylic paint and paint the bottle and bottle cap. Leave it to dry overnight.
- Once completely dry, add two dots to the bottle cap to create a nose, add Googly-eyes and a tail (I used a pom pom)
- Your piggy bank is ready to be used! Happy saving!