I’ve been making the switch to natural, cruelty-free products (bye, bye palm oil!) gradually and when a friend let me try her homemade cream that she swore by, I knew I had to make the switch too! This cream has 3 ingredients and is great to use on the kids and yourself. It’s multi-purpose and can even be used as a makeup remover. Here’s how to make you own cream.
THH Difficulty Level:
What you’ll need:
– 5 drops of essential oil. I used Thursday Plantation Lavender oil
– a clean, empty jar
– a bowl and heatproof spatula
- Get all your items ready. Place the bowl on top of pan of hot water.
- Pour the coconut oil into the bowl and let it melt completely.
- Drop in the Shea butter and let it melt.
- Add the drops of essential oils, give it a stir and transfer into the jar. Leave it to set overnight and it will be ready to use.
Note: The cream is best stored in a cool, dry place.