THH Difficulty Level:
Here’s an idea to create an easy to make embellished choker guaranteed to make a statement.
What you’ll need:
– an applique of choice (I used two identical ones but you could use one long one if preferred)
– Fabric glue
– Two equal lengths of ribbon
– Thick fabric for lining – I used a piece of off-cut leather but you could even use a felt or heavy linen
– A pair of scissors
– A needle and thread (if required)
- Get all your items ready.
- Take one applique, one ribbon and the cloth. Turn the applique around and glue the inner part.
- Attach the applique onto the material affixing the ribbon in between. This will create a string to tie the choker.
- Repeat on other side. Leave it to dry overnight.
- Grab a pair of scissors and cut the excess material. You can you a needle and thread to reinforce the applique and ribbon although I didn’t require it at the end. I simply added a few stitches to the ends of the choker to secure the ribbons.
- Your choker is ready to prowl the town!