THH Difficulty Level:
Here’s an alternate to tassel earrings which will only take you less than 10 minutes to do.
What you’ll need:
– 4 embroidery threads in the same colour and 1 in a contrasting colour (I used 4 orange and 1 fuchsia)
– a pair of scissors
– 2 earring studs
– epoxy glue or a heavy duty glue
– Fabric glue to secure any loose threads
- Get all your items ready. Start by taking two embroidery threads – join it together by wrapping the contrasting thread around them for about two inches.
- Fold the contrasting thread in half and wrap it around the two ends to make it a thicker tassel. This will also form a loop on the top (Image 5). Cut the thread and add some fabric glue to secure the loose thread.
- Repeat another to create a pair.
- Once that’s done, take a pair of scissors and trim the bottom of the threads to create a tassel. Use your fingers to comb the tassel and ensure it’s cut evenly.
- Now we need to add the studs to make them earrings. Take the epoxy glue, add a drop to the back of the stud and press it gently onto the top of the earring. Repeat on the other earring and leave it to dry overnight.
- Your earrings should look like this when it’s complete (picture 11)!