THH Difficulty Level:
What you’ll need:
– pair of jeans
– seam remover or blade
– a sewing machine or needle and thread
- Grab a pair of unused jeans and lay it on a flat surface.
- Cut the legs to create your desired length.
- Take a blade and remove the stitching as indicated.
- Continue to remove stitching until the zipper.
- Once all the seams are removed at the front, fold over to create an upside down ‘v’ at the bottom of the skirt. You can keep the gap open, attach lace, trimming or even another material if you’d like – I used the cut material from one leg. Tack the new seam and attachment.
- Stitch the seam as follows then sew in the attachment.
- Turn the skirt over and roll it inside out. Sew as indicated.
- Your new denim skirt awaits!