THH Difficulty Level:
This post is definitely for you if you want to have a go at decoupage. Who thought an old handbag and my toddler’s paintings would be one interesting combination – I certainly didn’t.
What you’ll need:
– Mod-podge (don’t spend money buying it, make it yourself but mixing PVA glue with water)
– a paintbrush
– old handbag
– paper for decoupage – like I mentioned earlier, my toddler’s paintings came in handy for this one but you could use old newspaper, gift wrapping paper, scrap material and even dried flower petals!
- Gather your items.
- Start tearing your paper unevenly and collect it in a bowl.
- Grab a small bowl, pour in the PVA glue with water and mix it thoroughly with a paintbrush.
- Dip the paintbrush with glue mix and start pasting the paper onto the handbag.
- Once complete, add one top coat of the glue mix and leave it to dry overnight.